One of my dear deployment friends is having her baby shower this weekend so I decided to buy her a present from Babies R Us.
I always forget how massive that store is and how expensive babies are! Diapers, bottles, carseats, cribs, stuffed animals...they all add up! I always like to joke that it's good birth control to see how pricey everything is.
And yet I always find myself fantasing about pregnancy and having babies with my husband when I leave the store.
Both of us have had the "baby bug" for quite some time now, but the plan is to wait until I'm established in my future nursing job, meaning it'll be at least a year from now before we start trying. It doesn't sound like a long time, but it can feel like one.
We've both always wanted children young and, thanks to things like facebook, it's tough to keep waiting when so many people we know or went to school with already have kids. I get so jealous of all their baby-related posts, I want that for myself! I guess it's a good thing he's not here right now so we don't make any rash choices haha.

No comments:
Post a Comment